930 S. Main St.
West Bend, WI 53095
Phone: (262) 334-2277
Always remember that Pearls are a gift from the sea to be enjoyed for generations to come. The better you take care of them the longer thay will maintain their warm glowing luster.
- Always remember that your Pearls should be the last thing you put on when dressing and the first thing you take off when you get home.
- Always use only jewelry cleaners that are labeled as safe for Pearls.
- Always store your Pearls wrapped in a soft cloth or pouch and protected from all abrasive objects.
- Always wipe your Pearls with a soft cloth moistened in water.
- Always remove your Pearls if you reapply hair spray, or put on perfume with a sprayer. Both can damage Pearls.
- Always be aware of the type of fabrics you wear. Heavily textured fabrics such as Shetland wool can damage Pearls.
- Never use toothbrushes, scouring pads or any type of abrasive material to clean your Pearls.
- Never expose your Pearls to dish or laundry detergents, bleaches, powdered cleaners, baking soda or any ammonia based cleaner like Windex.
- Never use any type of ultrasonic cleaner.
- Never steam clean your Pearls.
- Never use tarnish remover or any type of jewelry cleaner advertised on TV as a miracle cleaner.
- Never store your Pearls in any type of plastic bag. Plastic can emit a chemical that will cause the surface of the Pearls to deteriorate.
- Never leave your Pearls around a direct source of heat such as a fireplace mantle, on top of a television set or stove.
- Never store your Pearls in a very dry room or in a safety deposit box for a long time. Your Pearls need a little moisture like your skin so that they will not dry out.
Some information provided by the Cultured Pearl Association of America